Discover South Iceland
Glaciers - Volcanoes - Mountains - Waterfalls – Black Beach – Ocean Cliffs
Welcome to Hotel Skógar
Hotel Skogar is situated at Skogar in South Iceland and 5 minutes walk to the world famous Skogarfoss waterfall under the east Eyjafjöll Mountains in South Iceland.
There are many interesting places to visit and trips to be taken in the surrounding area which we are happy to arrange for our guests. There is a museum, an extensive hiking area to explore, horseback riding and snowmobiling on Myrdalsjökull glacier.
Fantastic bird watching at nearby Dyrhólaey ocean cliffs.
The Hotel is open all year.
- Quaint and luxurious hotel
- Situated right by the world-famous waterfalls Skogafoss
- 12 cozy rooms all with private facilities
- It is a favorite for couples, writers and travelers wanting a little extra
- Very romantic atmosphere
- Features a gourmet restaurant
- An outdoor sauna & hot tub area
- Great access to the vicinities numerous activities and attractions.
- Serenity, luxury and relaxation
- Hiking up to the top of the Skogarfoss waterfalls and beyond is a favorite and a must do for all fit travelers
- Longer hikes to Thorsmörk and Landmannalaugar
- Visiting the Myrdalsjökull glacier and taking snowmobile tours, super jeep tours or ice climbing
- Salmon fishing in the Skogá River
- As is taking trips to the stunning Dyrholaey cliffs and black beaches of Vik where birdlife is a major attraction.
- Horse riding and day-trips to Thorsmörk, Landmannalaugar and the Westman Islands
- The hotel operates a large restaurant nearby called Fossbúð.
- Hotel Skogar is open all year.
- Romantic getaway for white weddings, honeymooners and anniversaries
- Outdoor hot tub & outdoor Sauna
- Massage (must be pre-ordered)
- Horseback riding
- Bird watching at Dyrholaey Ocean Cliffs
- Super Jeep Tours