Discover South Iceland
Glaciers - Volcanoes - Mountains - Waterfalls – Black Beaches – Ocean Cliffs
Welcome to Hotel Skógar
Hotel Skogar is situated at the Skogar settlement near the very tip of South Iceland, 5 minutes walk from the world famous Skogarfoss waterfall and at the foot of the Eyjafjallajokull and Myrdalsjokull glaciers.
There are many places to visit and trips to be taken in the surrounding area, which we are happy to arrange for our guests. In addition to the fascinating Skogar Folk Museum, there are extensive hiking routes, horseback riding, super jeep tours and snowmobiling on the Myrdalsjökull glacier. The spectacular Dyrhólaey ocean cliffs, situated nearby, are a birdwatchers paradise.
The hotel is open all year.
- Quaint and luxurious hotel in an area of stunning natural beauty
- 12 cozy rooms, all with private facilities
- A romantic getaway also favored by writers and waery travelers wanting a little extra
- Excellent restaurant using all-local ingredients
- Outdoor sauna and hot tub
- Perfectly positioned for the numerous activities and attractions in the vicinity., including:
- Hiking to the top of the Skogarfoss waterfall and beyond; a favorite and must-do for all fit travelers
- Longer hikes to Thorsmörk and Landmannalaugar
- Visiting the Myrdalsjökull glacier and taking snowmobile tours, super jeep tours or ice climbing
- Salmon fishing in the Skogá River
- Taking trips to the stunning Dyrholaey cliffs and black beaches of Vik
- Horse riding
- Day trips to Thorsmörk, Landmannalaugar and the Westman Islands